1. Mum always knows best. The older I become, the more I learn that my mum is my best friend and the best person to call. Whether it is boy advice or cooking tips, you are never too old to call mum for some life guidance.
2. Hand cream! Make sure to apply every day. A ladies hand is the first thing to show her age and they smell heavenly.
3. Your early 20s are for exploring and taking crazy risks. I was born and raised in Melbourne, had lived in the same house for 25 years and was at the start of my promising career and then decided to risk it all for an adventure. I quit my job and took off to sunny Byron Bay. I didn’t know anyone, didn’t have a job just a place to stay and it was the best thing to happen to me. The people, the experiences and the memories that I have been able to create from all of this have been some of the most incredible.
4. Doesn’t matter how much you love someone, sometimes its best to just let go.
5. Wake up early and start your day with a work out. I wake up around the same time as the birds start singing, and like to switch it up between yoga, hiking or sweating it out at the gym depending on my mood.
6. Make time for “You Time”. It is perfectly fine to want to have you moments in solitude.
7. Making those you love happy is the most fulfilling feeling I have experienced. I love sending random appreciative messages to my friends and family just reminding them of how much I adore them.
8. “JFDI” is something that my dad always used to say as a way to inspire me to get up and do something even if it may seem too difficult at the time, whether it be taking the bins out or finishing that report when you haven’t had a coffee, JFDI (Just Fucking Do It)
9. Smile every day. It is too easy to let day-to-day stress get in the way of your happiness. Try and take some time out, look at the sky, breath and smile in faith that everything will work out.
10. Oregano oil is king in fighting against a cold. Natural remedies are always a preferred method of mine over pharmaceuticals and they really work.
11. You don’t always have to say the first thing that comes into your head. Think before you speak, some words can be a lot harder to take back once said.
12. Travel someplace new, preferably every year. Traveling is such an amazing way to learn and understand the world as well as discover new things within your own heart.
13. Be kind, even on the days when you are struggling with your own demons. There is no need to put out more negativity out into the world.
14. Always make time for your family. Family is something that has always been one of my highest values.
15. Everything happens for a reason. It may not seem that way at the time but over time you will look back and realise why that horrible break up or job didn’t work out, it is always because something magical is waiting for you around the corner. Trust that the universe always has your back.
16. Capture moments, take photos, write down your thoughts, and keep a diary. Creating memories with those I love is precious and something that I personally hold dear as I slowly become old and grey.
17. Eyelash extensions are one of the best inventions ever.
18. Be open to the idea that there is always something new to learn. Don’t get comfortable, read a new book, try a new hobby, play a new instrument. Continue to grow and learn.
19. Maintain good posture, and always walk tall.
20. Take pride in your appearance. I always loved the saying, “dress as if you were about to run into your ex boyfriend that day”.
21. Lack of communication is the root of a lot of issues. Be sure to listen and clearly communicate what is within your heart and mind.
22. Be respectful of everyone. Respect your friends, family, co-workers, the other drivers on the road, everyone.
23. Who you have in your life will rub off on your own behaviours. So surround yourself with friends who hold the same values or who you admire and lookup to.
24. Have a partner who is your best friend first before your lover but who incorporates both attributes. You need passion and laughter.
25. Always take the stairs, and dance hard. Burn those calories.
26. You can never have too many warm beverages. Coffee, tea, herbal tea, and lemon with hot water, all within one day.